In casual conversations with business owners, I have heard a few mention the headaches they have in the realm of bookkeeping. This article will discuss some of the issues and how hiring an online bookkeeper can meet the needs of you, the business owner.
- Time: The first complaint is in the time it takes to do the day to day bookkeeping. Many of the people I have spoken to say that the “paperwork” is not completed until after the business has closed down for the day. This means that instead of going home to families or going out and enjoying the evening there is still work to be done. An online bookkeeper would be able to complete all this work for you giving you more time to spend on the things and people you love, or even give you more time to focus on growing your business.
- Money: One of the issues in hiring a bookkeeper is that it costs money. Yes, it does, but hiring an online bookkeeper is not as costly as hiring a part-time or full-time employee. With online services you pay only for what you need and not anything in excess. Also, there is no need for extra space or equipment to bring in since everything is completed online.
- Expertise: You are an expert in your business, but maybe not an expert in bookkeeping. It is easy as an entrepreneur to get into the DIY routine. This is good, except that there are some things that are better left to the expert. Bookkeeping is one of them.
- Organization: There have been a few business owners that have stated they basically have their bookkeeping in a shoe box. The online world provides ways of organizing your data into files that are easily accessible from anywhere. This is a much better system. Please do not get the idea that paper copies are not necessary and throw them away. Let your online bookkeeper help you come up with a filing system that works for both of you.
- Meet Deadlines: These can be in the form of paying bills in a timely manner or collecting on unpaid invoices. Both of these affect your cash flow. Then there is also the issue of taxes i.e. sales tax, payroll tax, and income tax. An online bookkeeper can help keep your business up to date on all these items as well, and help prepare the information that needs to go to the CPA when processing income tax each quarter/year.
Certified in quickbooks and Xero
- Epoch Bookkeeping
- [email protected]